Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

The House That Heaven Built

I've seen The Japandroids' album Celebration Rock on a few "Best of 2012" lists, most of which referenced the song "The House That Heaven Built" in particular. What really got my attention, though, was when one of the guys on NPR's All Songs Considered said "when I listen to this song it makes me want to drive a Camaro down a mountain at 100 miles an hour." It helped that the next thing he did was play the song:



I don't know how fast I would drive if this song was blasting, but that's mostly because I don't know what the Camry's top speed is. I'm sure that going down the side of a mountain it could hit 100... but that might not be fast enough...

The only reason I feel like I couldn't run a 3-minute mile listening to this song is that it's almost 5 minutes long, so there's no way I could just stop after a mile and then my heart would explode.

No comments: