Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

An intellectual president?

Heavens, no!!! I just read this CNN.com article which describes how the Republican Party has often found electoral success in painting Democratic candidates as overly intellectual. This has to be one of the things, if not the thing, that drives me nuts the most about american politics. Shouldn't we want an intellectual president? Shouldn't we look at the president on TV and think, "gosh, that guy seems smarter and better equipped to handle these serious issues than I am!" I know that intelligence isn't the only thing that should matter for a president, but it does matter.

Otherwise you end up with this:

1 comment:

Brigit said...

oh dear god, that was just painful to watch. This one is pretty bad too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdimK1onR4o.

I agree with you, I can't wait to have an intellectual for a President again (read: Clinton)!