Pages

Monday, July 6, 2009


While the rest of the world was all abuzz about Sarah Palin quitting as governor, I spent the fourth of July hiking just to the east of Denali National Park. The weather was great, and although it was too hazy for good views the last two days, the first day was spectacular, and up here you just can't complain about 76 degrees and sunshine.



You can complain about bugs, though. This may have been the buggiest trip that I've ever been on, and I took this picture at a moment when I thought the bugs weren't that bad. There were times when stopping was unthinkable.


Here's the view over my tent with Ermine lake in the midground and the foothills of the Alaska Range in the background. This one goes down as one of my all-time favorite campsites.



Here's what the terrain looked like for much of the hike. We were up on a high (~2500 feet) broad ridge, with a few scattered trees, but mostly just wide open.




I think I said something about views, right? They were awesome.




I wish this picture were better. Hopefully if you click on it it will enlarge.




This is from our hike up to the top of the ridge. It was really steep, but the rest breaks came with nice views.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop fucking around with this blog and write your goddamn thesis!

Anonymous said...

my thoughts exactly.