Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

So many things...

Sometimes I don't post anything on here for a long time because I don't have anything to write. Other times its because I actually have too much to write about. Then again, sometimes its for different reasons entirely. But recently, it's basically been the second reason.

I know I put up a picture from Beth and my wedding, but I haven't actually written a single word about the wedding itself. Or the week leading up to the wedding. Or what life as a married man is like (hint: just like my recent life as an unmarried man). I haven't mentioned going to the beach in North Carolina for a week back in early July, or going back to Canada this month for a memorial for Beth's grandparents as well as some much needed R&R. Speaking of Beth, did I mention that she and I are starting to plan our honeymoon? Nope. I didn't mention that she's changed her name, either, or any of the construction projects that she and I have worked on this summer. Also, I got a promotion at work. This makes me a 30-something married homeowning doctor with a career, none of which was true 2 years ago, which is probably worth a post in its own right but still hasn't gotten one. Lets see what else has happened.... well, there was a full season of softball in which I went from being incredibly rusty and the worst player on the team for the first couple of games to getting back in a groove and starting to rake like the old days, to making the mistake of stretching for home and sliding and losing significant chunks of skin from my arm, shin and butt. Our friend Jen moved back to town about a month ago and has been hanging out a lot, serving as a valuable consultant as I continue to try to perfect my margarita and bloody mary recipes. Meanwhile, our friend Chris is in the process of moving out of town, but he, Beth and I bought packrafts and took them out for a quicker-than-expected float down the Eagle River, just north of town....

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that there are a lot of things I probably should have written about, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Let me know if there's anything above that I should try to write about ASAP, otherwise I'll just see if anything grabs me in the coming days.

No comments: