Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Travel woes

Amazingly, 3 Delta planes broke down over the course of our 6 flights this weekend, which meant that Beth and I took off on the originally scheduled plane for a grand total of ZERO flights, and spent about 44 hours traveling compared to just over 60 hours at the scene of the party.

Let it be noted that the party was a smashing success and a ton of fun, even if the travel was rough.

I took this picture in the Minneapolis / Saint Paul airport on the way home. Suprisingly, given the picture, this was the only airport where we didn't experience any drama on the return trip!


As I was watching I was sure this was a tornado sweeping through downtown Minneapolis (you can see the city skyline under the clouds right in the middle of the horizon), but despite the strong winds, hail, lightning and heavy rain I don't think there was actually a tornado reported. Either way, this was about the most dramatic view I've ever had of what exactly people mean when they talk about a weather "front."

No comments: