Pages

Friday, June 6, 2008

Celtics v Lakers

I know I'm on record as saying that I think the Lakers will win the series, and I know that makes me a terrible Cs fan, but last night's game gave me a little hope that Boston can win it all. No, it wasn't a dominant win, but it was an example of the things they have to do to win the series: harass the hell out of Kobe (24 points on 26(!) shots), outrebound the Lakers and avoid sloppy play. Its enough to make me glad I didn't go to bed at 10:30.

Two thoughts on the series:
(But the first one's a double) Kobe Bryant is the best player in the league, and the Lakers are the only team I'll watch play even though I'm not rooting for them. He's just so smooth all the time that its never suprising when he totally takes over a game. But with that said, I'm not sure there's anything more fun to watch than when Kevin Garnett goes into berserker mode to the point where even his teammates are getting scared of him. I would definitely watch a clip show of the "50 most insane KG moments," although I imagine it would be tough to whittle it down to just 50.

Paul Pierce better not be hurt too badly. I think a 50% P.P. could still be effective on the offensive end, but we absolutely have to have him able to help defend Kobe, or there's not way he keeps barely making 33% of his shots. Get well, soon!

No comments: