Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Really doin' it

Well, I just bought my plane ticket - one way - back to Alaska on January 2. So I guess I'm really making this move. Quite the change of scenery (not to mention climate) from suddenly balmy Boston, but despite some vague nagging worries that something will go wrong I've been really looking forward to this for awhile now. I'm sure I'll have quite a number of adjustments I'll have to make in order to not only be around, but actually live with, my super-awesome girlfriend. I'm sure there will be a lot of times when I miss my friends in Boston, or feel too far from my family. I'm sure I'll get tired of reassuring my mother that life in Alaska does not put me at constant risk of bear attacks, even when doing such mundane activities as taking out the trash or opening a cupboard to get a mug for my morning coffee. But I'm also sure that this is the right thing at the right time, and that when I look back on this decision to move to Alaska I'll know it was the right one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Eric! I think this is going to be awesome.