Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Feelin adult...

... I've been finding myself saying I feel old more and more often recently, like when I yawn at 9:30 at night or wake up feeling stiff after jogging (the day before) the day before, but this is different. This is the beginning of a confidence that I can actually someday be fit to lead a mature lifestyle, which is good because I'm getting closer and closer to biting off as much as I can possibly chew, if not more! Actually, it's Beth who's officially going to be doing the biting, but since we both feel like we're in this for the long haul I'll take the liberty of keeping myself at the center of this story.
You see, last Wednesday and Friday we met with mortgage lenders, and on Friday evening we met with a realtor to see a couple of houses. We're on no timetable to get anything done, but we don't want the next place we live to be a rental and our current apartment leaves some critical things to be desired, especially in the sunlight and screaming-in-the-middle-of-the-night departments. So we're getting prepared and keeping our eyes open. And I'm trying not to soil my boxers at the thought of tying myself to a contract that costs a quarter million (before taxes and interest) over the next 30 years.

No comments: